CRICOS Provider Code: 00115M
La Trobe University is an Australian, multi-campus, public research university with its flagship campus located in the Melbourne suburb of Bundoora. The university was established in 1964, becoming the third university in the state of Victoria and the twelfth university in Australia. La Trobe is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities.In 2015 it was ranked in the top 100 universities under 50 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. La Trobe is considered to be particularly strong in the area of arts and humanities; this was reflected in the 2014 QS World University Rankings where it was ranked in the top 200 international universities for arts and humanities.
- Arts and Communications
- Business and Commerce
- IT and Engineering
Academic Excellence Scholarships
La Trobe’s Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES) cover tuition fees for high-achieving international students accepted into our undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs. Worth between $10,000 and $20,000, these scholarships are paid across a maximum of two semesters (or 12 months). If you receive this scholarship, you still need to pay for any difference in fees for your first two semesters, fees for the rest of your course, and your Overseas Student Health Cover. To continue receiving your scholarship into your second semester, you must maintain a C grade average.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate regional campus scholarships
La Trobe values academic excellence. If you’re thinking about applying for a full fee paying place in postgraduate study at La Trobe, consider also applying for our Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship. You’ll get a 20 per cent reduction on your course fees for your entire degree.
- Postgraduate Excellence Scholarships
These scholarships offer up to $5,000 worth of tuition fees for international students studying undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs at one of our regional campuses.
- QS National Australian ranking 21
- THE-WUR National Australian ranking 20=
- La Trobe was one of four non-Group of Eight universities ranked in the top 100 universities in the world in particular discipline areas.
- Additionally, the 2015–16 THE performance indicators placed La Trobe as 12th in Australia for teaching, 11th for research, and 13th for industry income. It was also ranked in the top 100 universities for arts and humanities in the 2014–15 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, where it was the number one Australian university for industry income.