CRICOS Provider Code: 00008C
Monash University is an Australian public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1958, it is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. Monash is a member of Australia's Group of Eight, a coalition of Australia's eight leading research Universities, a member of the ASAIHL, and is the only Australian member of the influential M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities and National Academies. Monash University staff produce over 3,000 research publications each year, with research conducted in over 150 fields of study. Monash is home to over 120 research centres and institutes. Major interdisciplinary research centres include the Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute, the Monash University Accident Research Centre and the Monash Centre for Synchrotron Science. Some notable research centres also located at or affiliated with Monash University include the Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute, the Castan Centre for Human Rights Law, the Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication and the Monash Institute of Medical Research.
- Faculty of Art Design & Architecture (MADA)
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
Please refer to Monash's website:
- In life sciences and biomedicine, Monash was ranked 25th best in the world by Times Higher Education in 2009. In social sciences, it was ranked 26th best in the world by Times Higher Education in 2009 In the employer review category, in which employers rate the quality of a university's graduates, Times Higher Education ranked Monash 15th best in the world in 2008.
- In the international students category, Times Higher Education ranked Monash 17th best in the world in 2008.