CRICOS Provider Code: 00124K
Victoria University (VU) is a university based in Victoria, Australia. It is a dual-sector tertiary institution providing courses in both higher education and Technical and Further Education (TAFE). Today, VU is one of the largest and most culturally diverse education institutions in Australia, and one of only five multi-sector universities offering vocational education (TAFE) and higher education courses. VU now has more than 48,000 enrolled students, which includes more than 13,400 international students studying our courses onshore or with our partner institutions offshore. More than 2,400 academics, teaching and general staff join with the University’s students to make VU a university that is excellent, engaged and accessible. VU maintains strong links with local communities, government and industry, and is distinctive because of its transformational role in improving the lives of people and communities, especially in the western metropolitan region of Melbourne.
- Accounting and Finance
- Business and Management
- Creative arts, Design and Communication
- Dermal and Beauty Services
- Health service and Psychology
- Information Technology
- Social, Community and Youth Development
- Sport and Exercise Science
VU College ELICOS Scholarship
To celebrate the official launch of VU College in 2016, and to mark Victoria University’s centenary year, we are offering a scholarship for our English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) packages. ELICOS package is an English language course combined with a VU diploma or degree.
VU College Diploma Merit Scholarship
As part of the VU College Diploma Merit Scholarship, international students who meet a credit average in their first semester of a one-year Higher Education Diploma at VU College in Melbourne will receive a $2000 grant for their second semester of studies. They must ensure they have a student visa and commence their course in Melbourne by 18 July 2016.
VU International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) and the Victoria University International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (VUIPRS) support high quality candidates to undertake a Higher Degree by Research at Victoria University (VU).
- Victoria University ranked in 351-400 in the world in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016.
- Victoria University emphasises research that is relevant to the community, industry and government – both nationally and internationally, but particularly in the western region of Melbourne. The university's Research Plan 2012–2016 supports multidisciplinary research in several target areas: applied informatics, creative arts and writing, diversity and well being, education, diversity and lifelong learning, food and nutritional sciences, medical and health sciences, supply chain, logistics and transport, sport, exercise and active living, strategic economics and sustainable environmental technologies.